W3 Total Cache is a free plugin devoted to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and WPO (WordPress Performance Optimization). The key objective of this plugin is to reduce the load time of the web pages of any site on WordPress platform via caching optimization.
The basic tool of W3 Total Cache for optimizing the loading speed of pages is content delivery network (CDN) technology. This technology allows the user to download the site pages via the nearest available servers on a geographical basis.
W3 Total Cache can significantly improve the SEO performance of your site by improving the download speed of its pages. This is especially true for websites with mobile versions or sites that use secure data transfer protocol in SSL format. The easy loading is important for mobile sites because of poor internet speeds on mobile devices. And any site with an SSL encrypted data suffer from the additional data stream that needs to be optimized.
The work of W3 Total Cache will be directly reflected on behavioral indicators of users who visit your site. Faster loading pages can reduce the bounce rate to 80%. Depth of page views and the time that visitors spend on it will also increase significantly after the optimization by W3 Total Cache plugin.
W3 Total Cache is compatible with various types of hosting – from shared hosting to dedicated servers. Website owners that use shared or virtual private hosting should first of all take care of the load time optimization of their web projects, as these types of hosting can not give the best performance level.
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters.
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself.
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support.
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN (by user agent group).
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN.
- Caching of search results pages (i.e. URIs with query string variables) in memory or on disk.
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk.
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk.
- Caching of fragments in memory or on disk.
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds.
- Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS (with automated updates).
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”.
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN).
- WP-CLI support for cache purging, query string updating and more.
- Various security features.
- Caching statistics for performance insights.
- Extension framework for customization or extensibility e.g. New Relic, Cloudflare, WPML and more.
- Reverse proxy integration via Nginx or Varnish.